SEO is one of the most important marketing tools in the modern, digital age. This article looks at what is SEO, and basic practices to get your business underway with SEO marketing.
What is SEO? Is it Necessary for Every Business?
What is SEO and why is it so important?
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) refers to gaining and growing a page’s visibility in unpaid search engine results. SEO involves both technical and creative matters to improve search engine rankings and to increase web traffic. It is now proving to be one of the most crucial elements in every business’ marketing and growth strategies. Google uses particular algorithms to displays links to the pages that it considers to be the most relevant, highly authoritative and user-friendly.
So how do I get started?
There are so many ways to improve your website’s ranking, however, if you are looking to DIY your SEO with little or no budget, here are some free tips for beginners to get started.
- Learn and understand keyword research to determine the keywords you are wanting to target.
- Understand your competition. Should you compete for certain keywords with other business or target alternative keywords?
- Plan and optimize your website and update regularly with relevant content.
- Ensure your business is claimed and up to date on Google My Business.
- Build Your Social Media Network.
- Build links to your website by creating shareable content and good public relations.
- Integrate and begin to understand Google Analytics information.
- Read useful and up-to-date online SEO blogs, articles for the latest tips and tricks.
Remember to consider the quality of traffic you are attracting. It is no use to attract users who are looking for a similar, alternative product. Once you have established and began to attract the correct customers, focus on increasing the quantity of traffic which also plays a role in rankings in search engine result pages (SERPs).
Okay, so now you know a little about SEO and how important it is to consider SEO into your digital marketing plan. Go out there and get started. Remember, it is the long-term, sometimes monotonous strategy, but will bring in free traffic to your business online.