Choosing a Social Media Platform; Which One Should I Use and Why?
Why Use Social Media for Business?
Social media is arguably the most influential technological platform. It is typically known for its social networking but can also be used to expand upon brand awareness and advertise products digitally.
Social media is extremely valuable and worth utilising. It is cost-effective, can reach a large audience in a short time span and has the potential to engage with your intended target audience.
It is imperative that marketers utilise these digital platforms as 59.5% of the world’s population are internet users. Marketers can then maximise the amount of potential customers they reach in comparison to radio, television or print marketing.
Are you seeing the positives in investing in social media but not sure which one to choose? Let us here at Adcraft explain to you the benefits of a few!
So, Which Social Media Platform Do I Choose?
There are a multitude of social media platforms in the current digital world. There are your well-known platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. However, living in the digitally evolving environment of today, there are so many more. These can include Youtube, TikTok, LinkedIn, Vimeo, ClubHouse etc.
Essentially, you do not have to choose one singular social media platform to use for your business. You can choose to use one or all of them! Each different social media platform serves its own individual purpose with a few overlapping benefits.
Let us take a look at the benefits Facebook, Instagram and Twitter will provide for your business.
Facebook is ranked the number #1 social media platform used by businesses no matter large or small. Here are two reasons to begin reaping the benefits of Facebook.
- It is cost-effective. Despite the position of your business whether it be brand new or have a substantial following, setting up a Facebook Page is free. This makes it a great inexpensive marketing strategy.
- Expand your audience reach. Quite simply, Facebook has 2.9 billion users. This means that your business can be made known to a large population on a global scale. If you intend to reach a new audience or shift into an existing market, Facebook is the best platform for this.
Instagram is solely based on the sharing of visuals. Many businesses use Instagram because it is a leading platform for business promotion. These are two reasons why you need to jump on board with Instagram.
- It gives your business a face. As Instagram is a heavily visual platform, you can create a personal relationship between your brand and the customer. To better engage your audience, you can post pictures surrounding the team and satisfied customers.
- You can keep up with the latest trends. Instagram allows you to utilise any new trend. You can use trends to an advantage by promoting a specific event or upload holiday-themed material to spark interest.
- You can gain valuable feedback. You can actively engage with consumers through your business Twitter account. Whether it be positive or negative feedback, you can interactively respond to acknowledge any type of constructive criticism.
- Keep your audience up-to-date. Twitter is an excellent social media platform to communicate with consumers about your current business information. It also allows for the promotion of the business which may result in future leads.
Would you like a more detailed description on other specific social media platforms? Check out our other blog posts here!